Skip to main content
Customer Service


The Occupational Therapist will assess the ability to perform tasks in daily living at home, in the workplace or at school. The OT will identify the needs and the risk if the assistive tools are not approved.


You will be advised whether there is a requirement for aids and/or adaptations. The OT can help you with cognitive, physical, speech and communication challenges. For more details read Getting an Assessment. Funding in the UK is sometimes limited and the process is not always as fast as hoped for.


People who are disabled can be entitled to VAT exemption, please read more here.


Once the assessment is made, funding may come from the NHS or may have to come from Charities, Student Allowance or Access to Work schemes. There is also a possibility to buy assistive tools privately.


Helpful links:


General grants and allowances

The DirectGov website has lots of useful information including Disabled Student Allowances and Disabled Facilities Grants.

Citizens Advice have lots of detailed advice about specific benefits and funding.


Cognition aids


Variety - The children´s charity


The Baily Thomas Charitable Fund provides funding to registered charities working with children or adults with severe learning difficulties and Autism.


The Friends of the Elderly grants service provides financial help in the form of one-off grants and regular allowances for people of state retirement age.


Communication aids


The Communication Trust is a campaigning voice for children with speech, language and communication needs.

The Sequal Trust aims to bridge the communication gap by supplying specialist communication equipment for disabled people of all ages across the UK.



ECS Adaptions


MNDA - if you have MND or you are a carer, there are a range of benefits, entitlements, grants and financial support you may be qualified to claim.

Aspire Grants are available to anyone living in the UK or Ireland with a spinal cord injury.

Make-A-Wish Foundation grant wishes of children and young people aged 3 to 17 living with life-threatening illnesses.

Muscular Dystrophy UK is the charity for people living with muscle-wasting conditions in the UK.

BEN benevolent funding helps the automotive and related industries provide care and support to employees and their dependants in time of need.

Turn2us help people access the money available to them – through welfare benefits, grants and other help

Living Made Easy - impartial help, advice and information about daily living equipment, disability equipment, mobility and independent living aids for all ages