At care homes for the elderly and those with special needs, creating a calm and secure environment is important for both residents and personnel. A good atmosphere makes it easier for caregivers to focus on creating meaningful activities and improving the level of care.
Independent research shows that cognitive aids:
- Increase independence and improve the ability to begin, carry out and complete activities.
- Improve routines by giving an overview of the day, both for the user and relatives.
- Reduce stress and increase a sense of well being for residents.
- Improve memory and ability to socialize by reducing stress.
- Simplify communication between family members, personnel and users while improving the relationship for all of them.